Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. This is one of my favorite quick-fix suppers. In a shallow dish, combine flour and seasonings; dip tomatoes in the mixture and set aside. Fried green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich become an epic Fried Green Tomato BLT.
Fried Green Tomato BLT is a different twist on the traditional sandwich with a crispy Southern fried tomato on fresh ciabatta bread. Fried green tomato blt sandwiches is my recipe of the day as my blogging friends and I share recipes for various kinds of creative BLTs. This is a brilliant marriage of two classics: cornmeal-dusted green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Vous pouvez avoir Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingrédients et 5 pas. Voici comment vous réalisez cela.
Ingrédients deFried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- C'est of large green tomatoes.
- Vous avez besoin of eggs.
- C'est of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- Préparez of Cooked bacon.
- Préparez of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Préparez of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- Vous avez besoin of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- Préparez of Dried chopped onion.
- C'est of Sea salt.
- Vous avez besoin of Garlic powder.
- Vous avez besoin of Black pepper (ground).
- Vous avez besoin of Seasoning Salt.
- Préparez of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- C'est of Optional Ingredients:.
- Vous avez besoin of grated parmesan.
- Préparez of medium red onion.
- Vous avez besoin of Swiss cheese.
Sprinkle tomatoes with hot sauce (if desired). Dip tomato in egg, then dredge in cornmeal. Layer tomato, bacon, lettuce on toasted bread. Fried green tomatoes are one of our all-time favorite summertime indulgences!
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders instructions
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
This sandwich really shows off the tomatoes' flavor by using light panko bread crumbs as a coating. Since those days past, the simple BLT sandwich has always been a source of comfort to me. When I had the opportunity to run a kitchen and bring out these same memories of comfort through food to my guests, but with a twist, I couldn't pass. Place tomatoes on a large paper towel-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Build sandwiches with rolls, cooked bacon, and fried green.